Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dragonlance Bargain Books

In baragin book sales, I almost always end up empty-handed. I guess the books that I'm looking for are either very rare, or not usually listed under the "bargain" (i.e., not easily sold) category.

About a week ago, we went home, with me happily nursing my sore arms -- they're sore because of the tons of books that we bought from Carrefour. :)

Two of those books are from the Dragonlance series. Dragonlance, as Mister Wiki explains, is a large series of fantasy novels consisting of around 190 novels. I've no plans of buying the entire lot; just the mainstream or the "core" novels, although I do buy some of the side novels every now and then; so far, I have the Chronicles trilogy (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Winter Night, Spring Dawning), Legends trilogy (Time of Twins, War of Twins, and Test of Twins) and the Dragons of Summer Flame.

A few years back, I somehow lost interest after reading the Summer Flame book; besides the fact that college time was a busy time, I'm not really a big fan of how some of the heroes ended up dying the way they did and all that. Although I do like the part about the Knights of Takhisis (basically, a group of Knights worshipping the evil goddess Takhisis) and their code. It goes something like: "respect your enemy...so that you will not underestimate him" or something (sorry, I can't remember fully the exact words nor the exact page where I read this). Not a bad idea, if you ask me. :)

Well, enough about that...

So anyway, going back, I bought two books from the next "trilogy", War of Souls; I got Dragons of a Fallen Sun (book 1) and Dragons of a Vanished Moon (book 3). Too bad there were no Dragons of a Lost Star (book 2) anywhere that time. Still, I'm bappy with what I got.

Since it's a Carrefour book sale, each of the books (all of them are brand new, btw) costs only S$5! That is regardless of the size, edition, whatever. As long as it's a book, it's S$5! The Fallen Sun book sold is the paperback edition. The Vanished Moon book is the big hardcover edition -- this happens to be my first hardbound Dragonlance book! So that's S$10, which is not a bad bargain if you ask me; a few years back in Manila, I remember each book (paperback edition) costs between php250 and php350 -- that's around S$8 to S$12 each.

Well, I hope I like this one. I'll look for the other book just to complete the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment