Monday, May 23, 2011

My May 2011 To-Do List in the Philippines

Just got back, and here's my to-do-list. I used the iPhone application "aNote" to keep track of things...


Had some problems with the LTO (Land Transportation Office) guys. As if waiting for two hours to get the drug test/medical examination wasn't bad enough, I learned I couldn't get the license renewed anyway, because their printer broke down. Had to return to the office a few days later and had to wait for another two hours before I finally got my renewed driver's license.

My dad's celebrating his 70th birthday! We had lunch at Conti's in BF and dinner at Kanin Club in Westgate Alabang. His best years are still to come! :)

Swimming was something I have not been able to do for -- was that five or six years? Anyway, I can barely swim but I like the water anyway. And so does Riley! Yipee!

Speaking of Riley, I found... evidence... showing that he looks like me. :)) My big brother just wouldn't stop scouring our old home looking for those dusty, long-buried photographs. Hehe :))

I trimmed down my list of the what-to-eat foods. Just my top 3: Hen Lin's siomai (shu mai, or siew mai or just  dumplings), KFC chicken -- particularly the GRAVY (still don't know why they don't have gravy here), and good ol' Smokey's jumbo-sized Chicago Dog. I guess this would be my standard what-to-eat list each time I go home. Not too much, just the right amount of goodness. :)

Oh, and I'm not beamed skyward during the Rapture -- not that it's a big surprise. Didn't know anyone who was taken during that time; the Rapture was supposed to be a great spectacle for those left behind, so since there's no news -- as far as I know -- of anyone being "Raptured", I guess that's a no-go. :))

In case the Rapture did happen, I guess we still  have about five months to live. :)) I just checked some sites about this May 21 thingie and they said that after the Rapture, the remaining people left on earth will live horribly for the next five months until the end of the world comes on October 21. I guess we're still doing good so far. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment