Sunday, May 15, 2011

House M. D. Quotes - Season 7 Episode 21 - The Fix

Dr. Remy Hadley: Karma's a bitch.

Dr. Eric Foreman: You think her seizures are the result of bad karma?

Dr. Remy Hadley: I think if you spend your days designing ever more effective ways to blow people up, stuff's bound to come back to you.



Wendy Lee: Bombs are tools, just like anything else. You can use it to make things better or you can use it to make things worse. I also like romantic poetry and picnics. Is there anything else you want to know before we do this MRI?



Terry Foley: You ever been barely touched by a guy who weighs 230 pounds? Look at me. Look where I am, what I'm wearing. Now, do I look like a guy who just got a payday? I didn't throw the fight. I just suck.



Dr. James Wilson: You know that just because I was right about this one fighter doesn't make you any less of a man?

Dr. Gregory House: Actually, it would, if you were right.



Dr. James Wilson: ... And one possibly Photoshopped cell phone pic does not a diagnosis make.



Dr. Gregory House: See, this is what I don't care about. I don't care who cares about her. Used to care about her. Either one you falls down dead, you can drop me a note.



Dr. Gregory House: Apparently our mad scientist is also a slutty scientist whose milkshakes got all the nerds in the yard fighting over her.

Dr. Remy Hadley: She's a slut because she's dated two different guys at work?

Dr. Gregory House: Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were still judging her.



Dr. Gregory House: You know what else wouldn't hurt? This case is getting interesting. Let's add a little danger.



Dr. Robert Chase: Just because he has guns doesn't make him a murderer.

Dr. Remy Hadley: Tell that to the bear.


Dr. Robert Chase: Look in the desk. See if he's got a diary or a journal.

Dr. Remy Hadley: Something tells me he's not exactly a diary kind of guy. Maybe a manifesto.



Dr. Eric Foreman: Looks like she actually was being poisoned, but she's been doing it to herself.



Wendy Lee: I'm not an alcoholic.

Dr. Chris Taub: I know. I know the whole label thing is so limiting. You're a person who happens to suffer from alcoholism.



Dr. Gregory House: One normal EKG does not a healthy person make.

Terry Foley: Look, I told you I just suck.

Dr. Gregory House: Oh, you make me so sad. Don't talk like that.



Terry Foley: Why do you care so much?

Dr. Gregory House: Kill me for loving my patients. It's just what I do.



Dr. Remy Hadley: She's under a lot of stress. She's got two guys fighting over her and she got done with the final test of a new bomb. Her guilt is killing her.

Dr. Eric Foreman: As far as you know, she likes being the center of attention and loves her job.

Dr. Remy Hadley: As far as you know, she doesn't drink.



Dr. James Wilson: If he's ignoring you, it's because he trusts you.

Dr. Eric Foreman: No, it's not.

Dr. James Wilson: No, it's not, but he does.

Dr. Eric Foreman: Thanks. I feel warm inside. Right now I'm debating which bad idea I should pretend is a good idea and force everybody to implement.



Dr. Eric Foreman: Obsessing over a bet is good? And doing his actual job, treating actual patients, that's bad?

Dr. James Wilson: House only doing what House wants is the only way he can function. Since the breakup, he's been seeking out crazier and crazier things to do because they're crazy. This is — well, it's not crazy.



Dr. James Wilson: By House standards, it's dull. This he's doing just because he's interested. I think House getting back to doing... stupid House stuff for stupid House reasons is the best thing that could happen to him.

Dr. Eric Foreman: I'll go explain that to the patient.



Dr. Gregory House: Who's the real bad guy here? The guy who doesn't care enough to help or the four guys who are not competent enough to help? He works out too much, gets pounded too much, and not in the romantic way. His pupils—



Dr. Gregory House: Your patient? No. Plenty of time to save her life after we save my money.



Dr. Eric Foreman: You ignore us all the time. You go on crazy joyrides all the time. But you answer pages, you sleep. I know I'm gonna regret doing this, but I'll ask anyway. Is there anything I can do to help?



Dr. Gregory House: All you need is a chin. And a heart, apparently. Then you can go back to being the guy who won 20 of his first 20 instead of the guy who lost 5 of his last 5. Although, technically, I count the last one as a "no contest."

Terry Foley: And you save 50 bucks.



Dr. Gregory House: I'm a doctor. I don't tell a fat guy to lay off bacon for less than 300.



Dr. Eric Foreman: My theory is that he's only avoiding us because he really wants to avoid you.

Dr. Lisa Cuddy: Ma nishtana?



Dr. Eric Foreman: I'm not sure it is. But usually when push comes to shove, he shows up.

Dr. Lisa Cuddy: If the patient's still alive, then push hasn't met shove yet.



Dr. Eric Foreman: I'm expanding my theory. He's avoiding you and you're avoiding him and this patient is gonna die.



Dr. Remy Hadley: This experiment was done on rats.

Dr. Gregory House: It's groundbreaking. Huge success.

Dr. Remy Hadley: In rats.

Dr. Gregory House: Well, they got four legs. Think how fast it should work on one.

Dr. Remy Hadley: You're an idiot.



Dr. Eric Foreman: Is it possible something got perforated during surgery?

Dr. Chris Taub: Is that an accusation?

Dr. Eric Foreman: Sounded like a question. Just a straightforward inquiry that only someone with serious insecurities would take issue with.



Dr. Chris Taub: Okay, so in answering, I have to decide between the only two possibilities. "No" and "yes, we might have screwed something up, but are intentionally hiding it because we're incompetent and we're asses."



Dr. Chris Taub: No one is rational about emotion. That's why they're emotions.



Dr. Gregory House: But if it's worthy of the preface "obviously," then obviously it only needs to be explained to idiots. Do I look like an idiot? Sorry. Cranky. What I meant to say was: Why don't scientists have groupies? 'Cause I'd do you right now if society wasn't telling me that you're just an underpaid dork.



Dr. Gregory House: I'll give you two minutes. But first, I'm gonna tell you that I'm off the drugs and you'll feel silly 'cause you've got nothing to say for two minutes.

Dr. James Wilson: Hmm. Why are you off them?

Dr. Gregory House: Because they don't work.

Dr. James Wilson: Why were you on them?

Dr. Gregory House: Because they come in banana flavor. You know the answer.



Dr. James Wilson: You think fixing your leg will fix your life.

Dr. Gregory House: I think that my life will be somewhat better if part of my life, specifically my leg, is somewhat better.



Dr. James Wilson: I think you want everything to be physical, tangible, simple. You want unhappiness to have a cure.

Dr. Gregory House: I hate that word. I have to go now. Actually, I don't, but it would be rude to walk out without saying anything.



Dr. Remy Hadley: We found reports that your company was developing tactical nuclear warheads for bunker-busting bombs.

Cesar: Where? On Wikipedia? Some paranoid idiot's blog? I don't care where you read it. It's not true.



Terry Foley: So in other words, nothing's gonna prove you wrong. You're just gonna keep making me miserable because you're too miserable—

Dr. Gregory House: You're an idiot...



Dr. Gregory House: No, you're not gonna hit me… 'Cause somewhere deep in that way-too-thin skull of yours you know that you're full of crap. That's why you stopped jogging for me. That's why you drank eight bottles. Because even though you want to think that I'm wrong 'cause it's simpler, you also desperately want me to be right. I'm only an ass for building your hopes up if I'm wrong.



Terry Foley: You're an ass.



Dr. Gregory House: Nothing to talk about. That was my point.



Dr. Robert Chase: Yes, she's gonna die in considerably less discomfort thanks to you treating a few of the symptoms instead of the disease.



Bartender: You're drunk.

Dr. Gregory House: Well, whose fault is that? Give me another scotch.

Bartender: I can't serve you.

Dr. Gregory House: This 'cause I'm black? 'Cause I'm not, so...



Dr. Gregory House: Look, you can't get me drunk and then give me crap for being drunk. That's like dumping someone and then giving them crap for being upset. That's just not decent. Let me explain why people come here. They come here to drink. Which causes us to ask, why do people drink? Hmm? Is it sustenance? No. Is it taste? No. Is it the company of stout-hearted men? I don't think so. Is it killing pain? Yes... Seven and a half percent life duller. That's the business you're in. You're in the "screw the world" business. You're in the "reality sucks and fantasy temporarily appears to not suck" business.



Dr. Gregory House: Have you no pride? Either serving me is a good idea or it's a bad idea. Shutting me up is a crappy reason for compromising what you believe.



Dr. Robert Chase: You're either suicidal or you know we're wrong. And the only way you could know for sure what wasn't killing her is if you knew what was. And you do, don't you?

Dr. Remy Hadley: Because you've been poisoning her and the reason she's getting better is because you haven't been near her.



Dr. Gregory House: Ahem! What's this? A palm. Hmm, useful for many things. Slapping, greasing, probably some other applications too. Right now it's ready for $50 and humiliation.



Dr. James Wilson: What happened to your eye? You okay?

Dr. Gregory House: Better than okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment