Saturday, June 30, 2007

UPDATE: WWE on Chris Benoit

It's official. As of today, all entries about Chris Benoit have been removed from the WWE website. Check my previous post for the Benoit-related WWE links that you will probably never see again! Good thing Wikipedia has compiled all the known information as well as rumors surrounding the tragedy on this link. Youtube was lined up with tons of videos about Benoit. This is my favorite video so far. You should see the different comments people port there! Man, we see the whole range of people there; while there are those who condemn the man for allegedly committing double murder-suicide, there are those who worship him regardless of what he's done.

Me? I cannot condone what he has done. Killing is wrong no matter how you look at it; well, except perhaps if it's in self-defense, but otherwise, it's just plain wrong.

What I won't do is condemn the man for whatever he has done; "let he who committed no sin cast the first stone". I'm certainly no saint. I didn't play judge and jury back then, I won't start now.

Needless to say -- whether he did commit those crimes or not -- sports entertainment will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment