Monday, June 18, 2007

Home Alone again. Off to HK again!

I just took my wife to the airport earlier today as she was sent there by her company for two weeks. It was quite sad for us both, but honestly, it is actually getting easier to bear. I remember the first time she went to HK a few months ago, right after she went past the gate where only the passengers are allowed, I stood there paralyzed, and I can't stop the tears rolling down my cheeks. (Ahh shucks... Che will go crazy when she reads this!)

Anyway, my sweet wife took it upon herself to surprise me with three cheese mamons (we bought yesterday from Max's Sucat) topped with Super Mario characters. I first thought that they were plastic pencil toppers, but as it turns out, they are just plastic figures of the super mario characters: Mario, Luigi, Princess Toadstool, Toad, Yoshi, Bowser/Koopa, Donkey Kong, the ghost character from Super Mario 3 usually found in castles (sorry forgot the name), Wario, WaLuigi (I think), and another princess (brunette, don't know the name). She said she asked one of her officemates to buy them. I think it was either Gnet or Snow.

O well... More toys for the big boy (me)... God I love that woman! loveyou be! :-)

Anyway, she gave me a list of things-to-do while she's away. Just before I arrived home today, I was able to do a couple of them:
  • My NBI clearance. well, at least step 1 to 3. As always the case for me, I was advised (again) by the NBI clearance guys in ParkSquare 1 Makati (BTW, in case you didn't know, they've moved their kiosk from near the restroom to the one near the tiangge area.) that I should go to NBI Main Office in Carriedo for steps 4 to 6. I plan going there tomorrow and the day after that after my shift. I've been doing this several times already. As far as I know, my name has a "HIT" in their records so I had to go there. Then since, I'm going there in the afternoon, I will only be able to go to step 6 (release) the following morning. Ahh well... Too much hassle.
  • Power Saver thingy. I went to Landmark to buy the power saver thingy "As Seen on TV". Since buying that new 1.5Horsepower Aircon, I need all the energy saving techniques I can get.
Things I still need to do:
  • Install blinds for the kitchen (since the window is directly facing the refrigerator, I have to close that one as soon as possible.
  • Remove unused stuff in the kitchen (since the kitchen is quite small compared to the number of kitchen stuff that we have, we need to free up some space.)
  • Pay the cable TV (thank you, there's an LBC in Shopwise Sucat :-))
  • Document Pag-Ibig letters (BTW, if anyone is interested in renting a home in Cavite, let us know!)
I'm pretty sure I missed a few things. Hope to hear from Che soon. I think she has the complete list.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment