Monday, June 25, 2007

Of baptism and reunions...

11AM, I'm at Malate Church for the the baptism of our newest godchild, Quianne, Jane and Moore's first daughter. I though I wasn't going to make it because I left the house around 10:30 AM. Good thing it's Sunday and not many cars along the roads -- at least along the roads I took to get to Malate church.

Once, I get a hold of some pictures, I'll post them here ASAP.

Many old faces from SPI I haven't seen for quite some time, so it was also like a reunion of sorts. Too bad Che's not here. I'm sure she would have enjoyed it.

Anyway, the reception at Kamayans along Padre Faura is great! Nothing beats a good buffet to celebrate Quianne's baptism! Hehehe :-)

However, I couldn't stay for long as we needed to go to Nagcarlan, Laguna for the reunion with our Tita Vinia.

It's been almost 10 years since she and her family visited the Philippines. Her two children have grown a lot. Michael, 16, is now a senior high school student and stands 5'9"! (Geez, easily one of the tallest of my cousins.) Nicole, 15, is a sweet, beautiful young lady. She said they'll be back here in the Philippines for her 18th birthday.

It's really nice being with them. They remind me of the early high school days. Life was simpler, not much of a care in the world, and whatever cliches you can think of. Of course I didn't have my own income by then to buy my own stuff. I'm proud of these guys because actually had a productive summer vacation earning several hundred dollars doing stuff in their neighborhood -- mostly mowing the lawns for a few bucks... I wish I could have done that back then..

O well... Back to the here and now... :-) Keep on moving! hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment