Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My IT Show 2011 Loot - Printer Inks

IT Shows are always a good place to get good deals for printers. Whether buying a new printer or buying supplies such as print cartridges and photo papers.

We have a Canon Pixma MP640 printer which has 5 separate print cartridges: 1 for b&w document printing and 4 for colored printing (CMY + black; yep that's two black inks).

It just so happens that they are still selling the set of print cartridge (code 821) for SGD 88 per set. You also get SGD 10 voucher for NTUC Fairprice. Not a bad deal.. So I bought two sets. :)

Also, they have some photopaper sets for sale. I opted for the A4-sized MP (matte paper) and PP (standard photopaper). Not exactly the best buys, but I needed to buy something in order to get the Targus laptop bag and the extra SGD 5 NTUC Fairprice voucher... SGD 180 worth of inks and paper gives you the Targus bag (worth 189 according to the flyers) for free.


Was the bag worth it? Well, sure. For about SGD 250, I get SGD 25 NTUC vouchers, two sets of ink cartridges for my printer (should last a few months or so), 90 sheets of photopaper, and a Targus bag.
The bag's not that bad and it is very handy for what I was gonna buy next...

No comments:

Post a Comment