Sunday, March 08, 2009

A short note for Francis M.

Philippines mourns the loss of one of the most iconic talents of the music and entertainment industry. In case you haven't heard -- like I was because I was knee-deep on work -- master rapper Francis M dies at the age of 44 last March 6th. News here.

Shocked I was when I first heard. I guess he's one of those people you looked up to when you grew up. Being a pillar of the Philippine rap music industry, he was like one of the immortal ones who would always be there for everyone to look up to. The last thing you'd think about him is dying.

Losing someone to cancer is one of the hardest things one has to endure. Losing my mom five years ago to leakemia as well, I have a pretty good idea how his family is feeling...

To Francis M, hope you're in a better peaceful place. To his family and loved ones, hold on and give strength to each other -- guess that's what he would have wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment