Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back in Manila March '09 - Day Four - Earth Day

March 28, 2009: Once again, it a slow start again, but not a big thing, since I had not much plans today -- I can't process any of my paperwork since a weekend, so I just stayed home to relax.

The only main activity was the family dinnerout -- originally, it was supposed to be a lunchout. But my sister and her husband had some business to attend to the whole day. So I rescheduled it for a dinner out in one of the restaurants in Santana grove. Later, when big brother and hios family came, I learned that my dad is already tired of going to Santana Grove. It turns out that the only places that he goes to are his home and the Shopwise-Santana grove area. So I changed the plan again to dinnerout at Dencio's in Brittany Bay. It's not far and we have a scenic view of the Laguna Bay. Also, it was Earth Day. We thought it would be cool to see the lights going out in the landscape -- assuming that people actually "vote for the earth" by switching off their lights for one hour. :) We'll just have to wait and see.

Like I said, big bro is here again, as per their usual routine during Saturdays: 8AM badminton in the subdivision plaza; 10AM visit dad until afterlunch. Had a good time with everyone. I just learned that my niece was a greenbelter in Karate! Geez, and she's been doing this she's 6! Wow! I'm so proud. She's the youngest in the Karate class -- no big surprise -- and I'm happy that she was able to do something that I always wanted to do myself. :) Well, too late for me I guess, but it's good to know that at least one in the family knows one form of martial arts. :)

The rest of the afternoon, I'm tyring to watch all the TV I can get. Jack TV. HBO. Star Movies. Basically channels that we don't have in our Singapore flat. Just learned that Jimmy Fallon replaced Conan O'Brien in Late Night. Don't want to compare but I like Conan much better than Jimmy. Sorry, just my personal opinion. Just have to wait I guess until June 1st, when Conan replaces Jay Leno in the Tonight Show.

7PM came and we were off to Dencio's in Brittany Bay. It's one of those rare occasions when everyone is present and accounted for before we all go out. Normally, either my brother's family or my sister's will arrive to the venue late. This time, all of us are here and we all went together at the same time. Nice change actually. :)

Not sure what to buy, we simply went for the Graduation Special Promo there: for php 3,000, we get a complete meal set for 10 people. We took Set B.



Then the promo also stated that for every purchase of the special promo, you get a Crispy Pata (worth about php400+).

Since there were only 8 of us, we were not really expecting to finish off all of the served foods. Which can only be good news for our doggies back home! :))

BTW, the restaurant is actually Pugad Dencio's. Didn't get why that is at first, but it became obvious the moment we came inside. According to my brother, Pol Medina Jr. -- creator of Pugad Baboy -- is either a stockholder or co-owner of this particular branch of Dencio's. The paper placemats contain some comic strips, much to the enjoyment of my niece and nephew.

That's where we had Earth Day. We thought the restautant will not be participating in the Earth Day, since it's past 8:30 and still the lights are still on. Then at 8:50, they switched off all of the main lights, leaving only the dim nightlights on. Lucky for us, our table is still lit up by the nightlights, unlike the table next to us which is completely swallowed up in darkness. We overheard the people sitting there complaining to the management about this; apparently, they were celebrating the graduation of one of their kids today and they get to spend it near-total drakness. Guess, that's one reason why we didn't see many turning off the lights, despite the large movement urging everyone to switch them off.

We stayed there for awhile -- the people sitting on tables that came before and after us have already left; I guess we were there for at least two hours. We stayed there for so long, ate so much food, and had so many leftovers, we didn't realize that the crispy pata was not served to us. We were only reminded when we exited and saw the poster showing the promo. We went back in and asked about it. Here's the funny if not weird part. The manager said that our crispy pata was served to another table! And that they will just cook another one now. Everyone of us thought that that was B$. We just asked for how long, and they said 5 minutes. Crispy Pata in 5 minutes? Yeah right. Anyway, maybe because the kids are having fun with the place and the weather is actually quite nice that time -- very cool and windy -- everyone, especially dad, are relaxed and just continued where we left off with our discussions earlier.

We came home very late -- maybe 1130-ish, and I was all groggy. I had to sleep now since I need to be early for tomorrow's events...

No comments:

Post a Comment