Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back in Manila March '09 - Day Five

March 29, 2009: Che's family in Pasay welcomed another daughter to the world. Today is the baby's baptism. :) And for me, it is today's main event. I need to make it to Pasay before 11:00 AM. Good thing, I was able to wake up before 8AM. Gave me more than enough time to prepare and commute to Pasay.

Yeah, I normally would drive there. But during the previous nightout with my family, I was clobbered by all of the concerns about how I should not be driving without a valid license that it psyched me out and I dared not drive until I do get a license. It's better to drive without any worries than to drive very anxiously because you're concerned one of those *ahem* buwayas are out there waiting and biding their time. :))

So off I go, and, with the ever-reliable bus transit I mentioned, I got there in no time. Here are some pictures during and after the baptism.






Another task I was to do is to look at the Lenovo S10 that the guys have and see if there's anything that I can do to make it work again. They said one time they turned it on, they saw the message No OS can be found, or something like that. The next time they turned it on, they can't see anything. The screen is blank and does not appear to be loading anything.

Haven't really done troubleshooting a laptop before, so I'm not sure where to start. Che and my gut tells me to check the battery since the battery LED was orange. Well, I guess the prospect of going to SM Mall of Asia was too much -- there is a Lenovo Service Center in SM MOA, in 2F Main Mall -- that I dodn't really bother looking at it much other than finding the receipt and going to MOA. Tagging along are our nieces who wanted to go there as well for Timezone. :))

So we went there and explained to the Lenovo service crew about the problem. It was actually quite simple really -- remove then replace the battery. That's it. Everything's peachy after that. I'm actually quite ashamed when I walked out since it was too simple. :)) Anyway, at the very least I was able to confirm one of the doubts that I had for quite some time now...

That S10 was bought in Singapore. Lenovo said it has international warranty and that we only need to show the receipt -- no warranty forms needed, which is quite unusual for me, since most of the appliances and gadgets that we have so far have either written or online warranty forms. Well, this trip to the Lenovo service center MOA has confirmed a few things
  • The warranty is actually a "REGIONAL" warranty, that is applicable to ASEAN countries

  • Yes, only the official receipt is required. That is the only thing required by Lenovo service centers; once that is checked, they can now troubleshoot the thing.

  • Lenovo S10 has some problems with batteries. So the first thing you need to know when owning an S10, how to remove and replace batteries.


After that we went to Timezone. Not really much to see there, except for the games and tons of people. It was a weeekend and it is vacation time for most kids. No surprises there.

It was a long day and shortly, I went home back in Sucat. There, I picked up a few things and preparing for my trip this coming Friday.

Damn, it's already the 29th. So little time, so much to do. I almost want to break out into song... Hehehe :)) It was a productive day and I still had so much fun. It's nice seeing Kiang-Kiang and the others again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment