Monday, December 29, 2008

Work, Sleep, Repeat

Hate to admit it but this shifting schedule is starting to finally take its toll on me. Sleeping at weird times is one thing. Losing track of time is another.

I was "coerced" to cover for my sick colleague last Saturday evening. Whatever plans I had for that day was ruined. And learning much later that I can actually say no to the Ops Manager made it even worse for me. Anyway, see my last post for more on that.

So I got home on Sunday morning, dropped on the bed. I didn't wake up until it was 3:00 PM! I sooo wanted to do lots of things but losing more than half of the day... well, there's simply not enough time. I'm still trying to adjust.

Aw hell... I just feel robbed of my time. I didn't get enough R & R this week. I'm supposed to be enjoying my time, not trying to recover from my lack of sleep. It sucks.

Not to mention, the old clothespins keep sliding down the bamboo pole... I guess I better buy a new set... Yep, I was doing laundry today, because that's the only thing I can do with the time I have left.

Then tomorrow, I'll be back again in the office... In the evening... Again... For the next four nights... Including New Year's Eve... Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment