Friday, November 28, 2008

Unemployed no more

Just a personal post after a long time; after more than a month out of vacation, uhm, I mean work, I finally landed a job in another company.

I just got the notification today from the company stating that my Employment Pass has already been approved. They just provided me the In Priciple Approval letter, or IPA, to them. As in common practice here in Singapore, on my first day at work, which is this Monday, I will be submitting the accomplished IPA, together with my passport and immigration card.

Same Work, New opportunities
Well, like I've said in my interviews, I've been in the IT Services/Support work for the last five years, I don't see any point shifting anytime soon.

I guess the big difference this time is that I will be working in a different environment that what I'm used to. The drive for excellence here is much more extreme than any of my previous jobs; it only encourages me to take any and all certifications I can get my hands on. I think it's about time that I invest on myself anyway, so that's what I'm gunning for in the next two to three years. :)

I hope I can finally grow my roots here, so to speak; promoted, bigger salary, and all that. Just have to work hard for it in the next few years.

Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment