Monday, November 03, 2008

House M. D. - Season 5 Episode 6 Quotes

Jerry: Did you invite Shelby for Saturday?

Samantha: No

Jerry: Do you want me to call her?

Samantha: Yeah, that would be great. You call a twelve-year old girl for a sleep over.



Dr. Cuddy: She's not a crack baby!

Dr. House: NO! Mother's perfectly healthy. It's just that she had to give up the baby to continue her work on the human genome.



Dr. House: What they don't confess to you is almost always more interesting.



Dr. Taub: I think the traditional family is a fraud. Even married moms or single moms, daddy just pay some bills and reads just enough bedtime stories to not kill themselves out of guilt.

Dr. Hadley: My dad was great! After my mom died...

Dr. Taub: He might be the exception. On the otherhand, you are fairly screwed up.



Becca: Why did I chose a single mom? My grandmother was married for 37 years to a man who treated her like garbage. My mom would have seem right and my loser dad got along, but he dumped her. You know I never understood how you could fall for the same crap as your mother. Then I met Tony... When I read your bio, a doctor, a head of a hospital, I saw your picture... I don't want her raised by a loser.



Dr. Hadley: You're afraid you'll make the same mistake you made with your wife? Get caught taking some other kid to a ballgame?

Dr. Taub: I like my life as it is.



[After House splashes "baby barf" on Cuddy's sweater.]

Dr. Cuddy: Well played, sir. You leave me no choice but to change... MY CLOTHES, not my mind.

Dr. House: It's exactly my point. If it's not gonna be me and a cup, it's gonna be eight times a day. If you can't handle that stain, you can't handle a baby.



Dr. Cuddy: Why do you even care? It's not like I'm EVER gonna ask you to baby sit.

Dr. House: I'm a humanitarian.



Dr. Hadley: I don't want the "good-get-the-new-customer-hooked" stuff. I want the "stepped-on-keep-the-old-customer-coming-back-for-more" stuff.

Sadie: Are you crazy, b!tch?

Dr. Hadley: No, I'm just a b!tch who knows what she wants.



Dr. House: Is it really worth it? Just for the the pursuit of unconditional love?

Dr. Cuddy: Only you see that as a bad thing.

Dr. House: It's a fake thing. There's no unconditional love. It's just unconditional need. Don't make this child a victim of your biological clock.



[After House pushes the lamp off the table.]

Dr. Cuddy: Let me guess. I'm gonna tell her not to play ball in the house, but she's not gonna listen.

Dr. House: No! Actually, I was going for "she sneaks her boyfriend her in while you were sleeping, and he wants to do it on the desk. At first, she says no, but, she has issues with self-esteem."

Dr. Cuddy: You know you're gonna pay for that.

Dr. House: I'm paying for it now... with WISDOM.



Dr. House: See, this is what's screwed up here. You're not sure if this is the right call, but you ARE sure this is what you want to tell her. And that scares you because your motives aren't medical. Some part of you doesn't want this baby. And that part wants her to kill it.



Dr. Wilson: Adoption is cheating? Are they giving her a fake kid?

Dr. House: It's the problem. She gets to have a relationship with a kid, she can't handle one with an adult. So, she's gonna kill it.

Dr. Wilson: It does seem cleaner.



Dr. House: Guy's bleeding out of his pores. What does that tell us? Other than you don't want to play basketball against him AND he's dying.



Becca: THIS IS NOT MY BABY! I've already sacrificed 9 months for this stupid mistake. I don't want to sacrifice anymore.

Dr. Cuddy: Becca, you asked my opinion because you wanted to do the right thing. You are giving up this baby because you don't want to make the mistakes your mom made... her mom made. You have a chance to break the cycle. To do something great for this baby.

Becca: ... No... [sigh]



Dr. House: Now it's time to say those magic words you'll be telling her for the rest of her life: "Mommy's gotta go to work!"



Dr. House: Sorry. Daddy's perfectly healthy. We would want you to give him a kidney because, it would be cool if he had three.



Dr. Wilson: Cuddy is positively aglow. What's your theory? She's only acting happy to make you miserable?



Dr. House: I need a genetic disease.

Dr. Wilson: I'm sure you're carrying a few.



Dr. Wilson: Adoption's a cheat, remember? There's no real pregnancy, so there's no stranded dopamine receptors, so there's no post partum depression. Cuddy will be the happiest new mother you've ever seen.

[slight pause]

Dr. Wilson: I've just given you the answer, haven't I? And now you're going to walk out of here without saying a word.

Dr. House: Nope.



Dr. Hadley: But if you can't feel pleasure, what's with the cocaine?

Dr. House: Really?! Is that when you do drugs? 'Coz your happy? Most people do them because they want to be happy. The subconscious craved it, needed it...



Becca: When I saw you hold her, and the look on your face, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And that's when I realized, I can't... My life, it's always been about pain, anger, and disappointment; never about love. And that's when I realize, you know, it could be. And I can't give that away...



Dr. Cuddy: It's a decision that changes everything. Changes the rest of your life.

Becca: ...I hope so.



Dr. Cuddy: You son of a b!tch! When I was getting a baby, you told me I'd suck as a mother. Now that I've lost it, you tell me I'd be great as a mother. Why do you need to negate everything...

Dr. House: I don't know.....

[Followed by a long, passionate.... whoops, spoiler.. :)) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment