Sunday, November 23, 2008

House M. D. - Season 5 Episode 8

Dr. House: Nothing to say?

Dr. Wilson: No.

Dr. House: No you don't? Or no you don't don't?

Dr. Wilson: Whichever one means no.



Dr. House: Thank God some of those offshore sweatshop jobs are coming back to America.



Dr. Kutner: But not every teenager is having sex.

Dr. Foreman: But every teenager IS stupid. Teenagers in on their own are stupider.



Dr. House: No.... Oh do you want a reason? Clinical trials take time. Your time is my time.



Sofia: I know you're trying to be nice, but I'm not into the whole "pity" thing.

Dr. Kutner: I was actually doing the "I get it" thing. I lost my parents when I was six. It doesn't go away... But it gets easier. You'll learn to deal.



Dr. Taub: If you're this grown up in sixteen, what happened to thirty?

Dr. Hadley: Turn back to a kid... Like Kutner



Dr. Taub: Yeah, friendly is a dangerous thing.

Dr. Hadley: There is such a thing as too trusting.

Dr. Taub: Corollary is, there's such a thing as not trusting enough. Too much, you get hurt. Not enough, you don't live.

Dr. Hadley: So the object in life is to get hurt just the right amount. Excuse me, but I don't go out of my way to take relationship advice from you. And trust...should be earned.



Dr. Cuddy: House did something solely out of self-interest? FREAKY!



Dr. House: But your decision to "stick it to the man" clearly inspired "Oliver Twist".



Dr. House: And when I say "Foreman", I mean "Foreman". I want his signature on the paperwork, I want videotape... I want photographs of him with the patient in today's newspaper.



Dr. Cameron: You can't? Don't you work with three other doctors and a grouchy imp?



Dr. House: Yesterday, you were all BFF. Now, you think she's pathological...

Dr. Kutner: Yesterday, I had no reason to doubt her. If she'd been honest to us in the beginning...

Dr. Hadley: She lied about dead parents because it's better than rapist parents.



Dr. House: Yeah, she's drowning in her own lungs and she's delirious. She's a picture of emotional health.



Dr. House: I went to Cuddy's house. But I didn't go in... Went home without ringing either her metaphorical or actual bell.



Dr. Wilson: You made a decision. I can't tell you what's right for you.

Dr. House: Seriously?! 'Coz last week you could... Last year you could. This comes pretty easy for you.



Dr. Wilson: Do you want me to tell you what you should do?

Dr. House: I want you to stop thinking that acting inscrutible makes you anything other than annoying.

[pause]

Dr. Wilson: Interesting...

Dr. House: Holding things in can give you cancer!



Dr. Hadley: Not addressing what happened won't make it go away.

Sofia: Yeah? What do I have to do to make it go away.



Sofia: Reporting it just labels me: "Girl Raped By Dad".

Dr. Hadley: It doesn't have to define you.

Sofia: It's how you see me.



Dr. Chase: There's a point when Cameron and I aren't enough.

Dr. Foreman: We're not there.

[Kid crashes and is stabilized by Foreman and Chase.]

Dr. Chase: Foreman... We're there.



Sofia: That's it? No advice? No be careful out there kiddo?

Dr. Hadley: You want my advice?

Sofia: "Want" is one thing. "Expect" is another.



Dr. House: Just because we call something a "poison", doesn't mean it's bad for you.



Dr. House: Biopsy a lesion, confirm that she's dying, then load her up with arsenic. Keep her alive till you can convince her that "rapist" marrow and "rapist-enabling" marrow works just as awell as the unleaded stuff.



Dr. House: You didn't flinch when we found out a sixteen-year-old could be dying in the next few days. 'Means you're here about someone even younger dying even faster.



Dr. House: You think that if you tell me what I should do, my instincts are to push back. So by not telling me what you think I should do, I'll do what you think I should do.



Dr. Wilson: So my not doing anything isn't causing you to do anything?

Dr. House: Right.

Dr. Wilson: I'm okay with that.

Dr. House: No you're not! You are designed to have opinions and to force them on people.



Sofia: If I do this, I'll owe my life to them. It'd mean everything else that happened somehow okay. They don't deserve that. They're not in my life. If that means I'm dead then I'm dead.



Dr. Taub: I have Huntington's disease. I'm dying. I don't know when it'll happen, but it'll be sooner than I ever planned. And I'd do anything to stop it. Because the only way to make anything right... The only way to make your life matter is to live as long and as well as you possibly can.



Sofia: Have you ever been raped?

Dr. Taub: No.

Sofia: Don't try to walk in my shoes and I won't try to walk in yours.



Dr. Hadley: What she wants could kill her. What she needs could save her.

Dr. House: Our job is to find out what's killing patients, not treat them for chronic idiocy.

Dr. Hadley: Idiocy is what's killing her.

Dr. House: And since we can't cure that, I'm going home.



Dr. Foreman: It's the opposite of jealous. He includes Jonah in everything he does: makes sure he eats, brushes his teeth...

[Pause then Foreman takes off.]

Dr. Chase: You think we gave him an idea?

Dr. Cameron: Either that or he's off to kill House.



Dr. House: You need people to see how independent you are; how well you're coping. 'Coz they want to see the lost, hurt, little girl. Because that's not what you see. You see someone who did something terrible: deserves to suffer that doesn't deserve to live. What did you do?



Sofia: I killed their son. I killed my brother. I was supposed to watch him. He was in the bath. I could hear him laughing. Every time they look at me, it's like I'd kill him again.



Dr. House: If you don't take your parent's bone marrow, you'd be killing their other child. If they don't hate you now, they will then.



Dr. House: You want someone to tell you that it's just an accident, that it's not that bad. Well.. It is that bad. And you know it. There's nothing you can do to change that. But there is one thing you can do: to not make it worse...



Dr. House: Can I give my reasons later? Or NEVER?



Dr. House: Three days ago, you asked me. Now, you told me. Can't say no if it's not a question.



Dr. Wilson: Nice thing you did for Foreman.

Dr. House: He speaks!

Dr. Wilson: He deflects!



Dr. Wilson: You just needed to prove it to him. You're an ass. But, a noble one.

Dr. House: I sound clever.

Dr. Wilson: Thank you.

1 comment: