Monday, October 06, 2008

In Singapore - Year One

It's like one whole year just whizzed by. I dreaded coming here, mostly because of fear -- fear of the unknown, fear because, for the first time, I'll be working a long way from home.

And here we are, one year later; still in Singapore with no intention of going back anytime soon; AND, I'm looking for a new job, amidst the global economic crisis.

On a lighter note, our first stay here was actually great. We can easily afford good gadgets here, those gadgets which are way back on my "buy" list back in Manila. Things like laptops, digital cameras, and Nintendo DS Lite. I cannot see myself buying this in Manila with the salary we were getting then. :)

Also, many former colleagues are working here as well, so it's not that lonely as one would imagine. It's like a we never left at all. Good friends one and all are moving here. It's like a Pinoy invasion, with the large number of Pinoys from all walks of life moving here. :)) I just hope they don't get the same KIASU mentality many locals here have.

Speaking of locals; I guess we're lucky with our neighbors here. They're really friendly, unlike the ones some of my Pinoy colleagues have.

Well, that's all I can say about that. Here's to our first year in Singapore... And here's to hoping for an even more prosperous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment