Tuesday, September 30, 2008

House M. D. - Season 5 Episode 2 Quotes

Dr. House: Do you have some... ethical problem with what I'm doing that you can express in a unique way, which might actually make me think that I'm wrong, eventhough I'll never admit it?

Dr. O'Shea: Yes.

Dr. House: You ARE funny!



Dr. House: Hallucination. That's a brain thing, right?



Lucas: Oh, the guy doing manual labor can't have an opinion?

[pause]

Lucas: I might be a genius who just happens to have uh.. a passion for fixing coffee machines.

[pause]

Lucas: No. I'm obviously not but that's rude making assumptions about people.



Dr. House: Because I wanted to find out what you guys found out before I find out what he found out. So I can find out if I NEED a private investigator.



Dr. House: Say it...

Dr. Foreman: You were right.

Dr. House: God! That was petty of me.



Lucas: Have you never seen an after-school special? That is part of the pleasure of friendship. Trusting without absolute evidence, and then, being rewarded for that trust.



Lucas: Your type doesn't care if you're right or wrong. Coz they've hired me to investigate the wrong person.

Lucas: You want me to check out Wilson..

Lucas: ... You want to find out if he's pining. You want to find out if there's something about him that will tell you he's gonna come back. Or something you can use to make him come back...

Dr. House: Is there?



Dr. House: ... Placebo effect. People have confidence in doctors. They've confidence in diagnosis, confidence in medicine. Sometimes they get a little better just because they think they will. And that can make us think that the wrong answer is the right answer... which is very bad.

Apple: So, you do have proof that it's cancer, but.. you can't tell me because it might affect the way I react to the medicine?

Dr. House: If that we're true, I would surely make sense. Do you think I can tell you that it's true? (Followed by exagerated wink.)



Apple: The doctors told me that my life is gonna be SO better once I get to see. I would date. I would dance... But uh... the guys I hated dancing with before I hated dancing with after. My parents were still dead. I'm still alone.

Dr. House: You're fun.

Apple: You don't seem all that different.

Dr. House: I haven't given up.



Woman: Are you following me.

Dr. House: No.
Lucas: No.

Woman: Are you lying.

Dr. House: No.
Lucas: Yes.

Dr. House: Lesson one. Commit.



[After House presses on emergency button. Nurses rush in.]

Nurse: You ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

Dr. House: Never really bought that. I don't care how often the kid cries he's being eaten by the wolf. Moms gonna come running.

....

[House presses on emergency button again. Nurse rushes in again.]

Dr. House: Just proving a point.



Dr. House: ... What I DO know is that you're not seeing what everyone else is seeing.

Apple: And now? Things are gonna be... beautiful?

Dr. House: Things will be what they are.

[House removes the gauze over Apple's eyes.]

Dr. House: How do I look?

Apple: You look sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment