Tuesday, October 21, 2008

House M.D. - Season 5 Episode 4 Quotes

Chinese guy whose name was not mentioned: Why don't we go back to their house? Wait for them there.

Nicole: Yeah. 'Coz they'll probably answer the door the sixteenth time I knocked.



Dr. House: Well, that's the way women sound when their spouse of fifty years dies.



Dr. Foreman:
Anybody read Chinese? Otherwise, we have no idea what these doctors did to her.

Dr. House: Kutner, you're sort of Asian, right? Get it translated.



Dr. House:
I'm not deflecting because I'm avoiding something deep. I'm deflecting because I'm avoiding something shallow. Seriously, I'm fine. I didn't even like the man.



Dr. House: Like a salmon returning to the stream where it was born. You become whole again but you get eaten by bears.

Nicole: They denied my existence... [cough]

Dr. House: Four parents, not one of them taught you to cover your mouth.



Dr. House: I'm just a technician. Her doctors will be by later, you can schmooze tha...

Nicole's Dad: Can you let them know that we uh... we went by her apartment, collected all her medication.

Dr. House: I'm a technician and a doctor.



Dr. Cuddy: If there's anything I can do to just...

Dr. House: You know, you're right. I don't think I can sleep alone tonight.



Dr. Cuddy: Drop your pants.

Dr. House: You know, I usually pay tens of dollars to hear that.



Dr. Cuddy: Your mother wants you to deliver a eulogy.

Dr. House: Eulogy. From the Greek for "good word". If she actually asked me to deliver a "bastardogy", I'd be happy to.



Dr. House: ...My mom didn't call Cuddy. She called YOU! I knew you couldn't stay away. I knew you love me too much...

Dr. Wilson: I'm doing this for your mom.

Dr. House: I'm not doing this at all. If there were something to be done, I would have done it in the year he spent dying.



[MmmBop plays on House's cellphone.]

Dr. House: Where's my phone? It's the team. It's their ringtone.



[To Dr. Wilson after House's team called.]

Dr. House: My ringtone for you is Dancing Queen by Abba.



Dr. Wilson: You don't want to say anything, don't say anything, but GO! Tell your mom, you're sad. FOR HER!

Dr. House: Just by being there, I'd be lying.

Dr. Wilson: She wants to think, for a moment, that she had a happy family. So give her the gift. LIE!



Dr. Kutner: We have these two categories: inside and outside. Patients stay inside and then when they're better, we let them go outside.



[To a curious passerby.]

Dr. Kutner: Such a beautiful, we thought we'd do all our doctoring outside.



Nicole: People stare at me anytime I'm out with my family. It's like a puzzle: which one of these things doesn't belong.



Dr. Wilson: Of course. You were a brilliant, socially isolated 12-year old and you create a parallel universe and that your life doesn't suck.



Dr. House: I look at the facts. First of all, he was deployed on training exercises off Okinawa during the time I had to be conceived.

Dr. Wilson: And since you are a hundred fifty years old, air travel was impossible.



Dr. Kutner: She was adopted when the parents thought they couldn't have kids. Then they had three more. She took the message as "thanks for playing, but we have our real children now".

Dr. Taub: And the real children probably think they're accidents, while she was handpicked. Everybody's got problems with their parents.



Dr. House: You lost track of your speed? I think that was Hitler's excuse: lost track of the Jews. No one held him resposible.



[Dr. Greg House was called to stand to deliver the eulogy to his father.]

Dr. House:
There's a lot of people here today, including some from the corps. And I noticed that everyone of them is either my father's rank or higher. And it doesn't surprise me. Because if the test of the man is how he treats
those he has power over, its a test my father failed. This man you're eager to pay homage to was incapable of admitting any point of view but his own. He punished failure, not accept anything less than... [pause]

He loved doing what he did. He saw his work as some kind of... sacred calling, more important than any personal relationship.

Maybe if he'd been a better father, I'd be a better son. But I am what I am because of him, for better or for worse.

I just... I just wish...



Dr. Wilson: That's what you wanted, wasn't it? Why should it depress you?

Dr. House: It doesn't depress me. Doesn't make any difference at all. That's what depresses me.

Dr. Wilson: Well, I guess nobody gets to choose who their parents are. I'm not even sure anymore we get to choose who are friends are.



Dr. House: If you're coming back because you're attracted to the shine of my neediness... I'd be okay with that.

1 comment: