Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Singapore Toy and Comic Con 2008!

Before going further, here are the event details:

June 28 - 29, 2008
Singapore Toy and Comic Convention 2008
Suntec Convention Hall 603
http://www.sgtoyandcomiccon.com

Need I say more? :) Check out Che's post about this one for her take on the event.Of the many events and highlights, there are a few things that stand out (at least for me):


Batman: Gotham Knight Asian Premiere Screening Onstage
Sunday, 29 June 2008, 6:00 to 7:30pm

I've been waiting for this since its release was announced way back late last year. The video is comprised of six interlocking films that depicts Batman's beginnings into the Dark Knight. The movie is directed by six different acclaimed Japanese filmmakers (one for each film/act). Previews from the Batman Gotham Knight official website is "stunningly breathtaking", to say the least. It will be a whole new experience watching an Anime-based Batman! (Batman in Anime? It's about time! )

Just too bad we haven't got tickets yet. :( Chances are, tickets would be sold out and we won't see the film on this event. I guess, I'll just buy the DVD.


Magic: The Gathering Demonstrations and Tournament
by Wizards of the Coast (Booth E02)

It's been years since I actively played with Magic: The Gathering. The last expansion I remember playing with was.... well, I actually forgot already. The expansion where (white) Soltari and (black) Dauthi creatures (i.e. creatures with the "Shadow" ability/characteristic) were released. The last time I actually owned a Magic deck was even longer... The time when Armageddon decks were the rage.

Participants are said to be awarded five theme decks. Will this actually lead me to buy more Magic cards and be an active player again? Not likely. I'm just there to reminisce, and see how much the tournament landscape has changed. :)

Aside from these two, I'm sure there are a lot of things worth taking with our camera there. Which brings me to our checklist:

[ ] Alarm 7:00 AM
[ ] Camera fully charged
[ ] Extra camera battery, also fully charged
[ ] Fully charged camera (in the unlikely event that the camera gets full)
[ ] Blog!

That's it for now on this post. Hope we can get tons of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment