Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Walking interviews...

After a week of fun, laughter, and tons of sight-seeing, we finally had our first interview since we got here. It's been a long while since I had my last interview so I guess that explains the jitters I got when I got my first phone interview last Monday. Geez.. I almost hated doing it, but what choice do I have? It's cool to be bum in SG, but I can't be a bum forever. Haaay.. Sayang noh? Pwede sana yun...

Anyway, so far, I've only got HR interviews. I never imagined that we would be bombarded with tons of interviews in one afternoon. We had a meeting with one of the agents here in their office near Bugis station. (By "near" I mean about 5 city blocks away, about half a kilometer. :)) ) After lunch, that's when we get tons of phone calls from several other agents. This was happening during our trip to the Carrefour hypermarket. So while walking and during the bus ride, we were taking turns on the phone most of the time talking to the agent. (Apparently, the agents wanted to get a hold of the both us and try to take us under their wing.) Ha! It was strange experience for me... Walking while interviewing... But I think we did just fine.

Well, here's to hoping that I get a good-paying job asap!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mon! It's been a long time, I saw your blog through friendster. Nasa Singapore ka na pala (nandiyan din ata si marieliza and richard). Enjoy the hawker stalls and the really sanitized environment. I have many fond childhood memories of that place. It's a great place to start a family, but beware of the 'kiasu' mentality.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nico! Musta? Long time no see. Masarap nga kumain dun sa mga hawkers dito eh.. Medyo mahal nga lang kung kumpara sa Pinas pero okay na rin. :-)

    What's kiasu? Hehe.. Sige google/wikipedia ko na lang.. Haha :-)

    ReplyDelete