Sunday, March 07, 2010

Tilapia Treat

And what a great lunch we had! Earlier in the day, I bought from the local ShengSiong some tilapia. I was initially expecting the 'tisoy' reddish-white variety which is the common kind sold here. Good thing I found a fresh batch of the greyish black variety common in the Philippines; this type we find a lot tastier than the tisoy type. I immediately asked for three of those. BTW, no doubt they're fresh; they're still swimming and fighting just before I asked the vendor to 'clean' them.

And when I got home, the masterful hands of my mother-in-law, Nanay Malou, came up with this dish:


That's tilapia in gata (coconut milk). Simple dish really. Onions, ginger, pechay, coconut milk, a little vinegar for that kick, and of course, the tilapia.

Yumyumyum!!! :D

- via BlogPress in iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment