Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's musings at work...

I'm posting this while everything is still stable and I have some free time.

As I've posted before, I'm at work during the New Year's celebration. It's a sad thing but it's not all bad -- at least not stomach-wise; the bosses here treated us here to tons of pizza and fried chicken! :))

Good thing, also, that my wife is the understanding sort and she understands why I have to go to work. Bless her!

This is actually the first time I'm spending the New Year working. It's a bit weird, knowing that I'm stuck at work while everyone else is having fun...

Then again, I'm not in the Philippines, so fun is already out of the question! :)) Let's face it, nobody beats Philippines when it comes to Christmas and New Year celebrations! Since I'm not there, aside from my wife and friends -- who I'm happy to say are enjoying their mini-celebrations -- I'm not really missing much that I haven't already missed. Fireworks? I think it's not allowed here except in Marina bay.

Ha! I never thought I would miss the sights and sounds of New Year's fireworks back home! So loud... so bright... soooo.... DEADLY! :)) I haven't seen the news lately; I hope fewer people had to be taken to the hospitals this year.

Oh well, something just broke down. Back to work.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment