Friday, January 30, 2009

House M. D. - Season 5 Episode 12

Dr Cuddy: House, I've got a D. Y. F. S. home visit on Friday.

Dr. House: And I've got a W. H. O. R. E. visit on...

Dr Cuddy: Mom is busy. You two are gonna have to play outside for a while.



Dr. House: This is the favor? I was expecting something involving... whipped cream... tongue depressors.



Dr. Taub: Sane people don't attempt suicide?

Dr. Kutner: Not ever? So if you were being burned to the stake and there's who one handed you a gun?

Dr. Taub: I'd shoot the guys with the torches.



Dr. Hadley: I'm not giving up on life. I'm just giving up on you. I finally feel like I've got a grip on things. I can handle this. What I can't handle is dragging anyone else down with me.



Dr. House: Gotta let the phone ring more than four times when you're calling a cripple. Chronic pain and pulmonary embolism. Go.



Dr. Kutner: So who do you know who committed suicide?

Dr. Taub: Hemingway. Gerbills. Romeo and Juliet.

Dr. Kutner: Your mom? Dad?

Dr. Taub: Saying I wouldn't do it under any circumstances means my whole family is suicidal?

Dr. Kutner: No. But categorically insisting there are no circumstances means you've got baggage. Personal betrayal? Abandonment?



Dr. House: No hurry. I already bathed once this week. I don't want to look elitist.



Dr. House: Yeah. Coz I'm clearly a guy who likes to knock out a few naked pull ups before I greet the day.

Plumber: You hang laundry in there?

Dr. House: About to hang a plumber in there.



Dr. Hadley: Look at our patient. 32 years old. Not dead yet and already he's traumatized his wife... his son...

Dr. Foreman: And I'll bet they're cherishing every traumatic minute he has left. Wouldn't trade it for the healthiest guy in the world.

Dr. Hadley: True. And there's them suffering with him. Hating him everyday. Only their pain has the prospect of relief.



Jeff: I lied. I wanna die. Can't you please just let me die?



Dr. Cuddy: I'm inconveniencing you because you inconvenience me!



Dr. Cuddy: When's the last time you showered?

Dr. House: SCENT OF A MAN!



Dr. House: You want a man to carry your crap, you have to marry him first.

Dr. Cuddy: Or employ him.



Dr. Cuddy: And hearing me say no over the telephone wasn't good enough?

Dr. House: I'm inconveniencing you because you inconvenience me.

Dr. Cuddy: You know that foster care official's coming in the morning...

Dr. House: If it weren't, there'd be no inconvenience.

Dr. Cuddy: Do not try and force me to choose between my child and my...

Dr. House: I'M FORCING YOU TO DO YOUR JOB!



Jeff: Don't have a family, do you?

Dr. House: Left them all back in Krypton.

Jeff: You're alone. That's why you can handle your pain. No need to put up a front. To be what anyone else wants you to be.



Dr. Cuddy: You've got sufficient income, a high degree of personal AND professional stability, and you care enough to be embarassed by what a mess this place is. Believe me, that puts you head in show as above and most of the foster moms I visit. See you next year... if you haven't adopted her by then.



Zack: Because he's not Dad anymore. He just wants it to be over with. Will you please... please.. just let him die.



Dr. Cuddy: I passed by their meager standard. I failed by mine.

Dr. Wilson: Why do women always do that?

Dr. Cuddy: Fail?

Dr. Wilson: Create ridiculous standards that no human could meet. With your careers. With your kids. You have to be more like us men.

Dr. Cuddy: Being lazy? Blame others?

Dr. Wilson: GET HELP! Most men in your position have a deputy and two assistants at work, and a wife and two nanies at home. You're not superwoman. Don't be a martyr.



Dr. Taub: A colleague. We were residents together. I should have been the one to stop it. He had the mother of all god complexes. So busy treating everyone's problems, he's blind to his own. Helped himself to a vial of insulin, it's a miracle he survived. His friends and family almosts didn't. He was a selfish ass.



Lynne: When I saw you? When I saw the cane? I thought "Thank God! A doctor who will understand
."
Because I sure as hell don't. My husband thinks it's over. So look at me in the eye, and tell me you'd want to live like that.



Dr. Kutner: Looks like we shot the guys with torches.

Dr. Taub: Yep. It pays to hang around.

No comments:

Post a Comment