Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home alone, Chinese New Year, work and a bunch of other stuff...

Friday evening last week, my wife left for the Philippines for a one-week vacation, leaving me here to fend for myself, keeping the house clean, and dealing with work. I would have wanted to have gone back home with her but circumstances in the office simply made it impossible to do so.

It's quite lonely being home alone, so much so that our little 2+1 unit is quite a mess. :) The fact that my roller circus schedule is playing tricks on my body clock is not helping me to wake up at the right time to do some chores: it's not quite right to hang my haundry out to dry in the afternoon!

Anyway, today marks me and my wife's sixth year together! Happy Anniversary to us! :) She's not here still, though, so that's quite a big bummer. Still, we manage to keep it together. Texts and calls are quite cheap so at least we keep in touch.

There was also this one time when I did not wake up on time, hence, I was late for work. This was quite a big deal for me because I've never been late for work before... Well, never because I did not wake up on time. Oh well...

Chinese New Year came and went like it was nothing again... like most of the celebrations here. Maybe partly because it's not something I'm used to celebrating. Maybe partly also because I'm at work! :)) Just realized that I was at work during the last three holidays -- Christmas, New Year, and Chinese New Year. Makes me wonder whether I should look for a job with normal working schedules. Then again, the crisis is still here and leaving work for whatever reason is very risky. Maybe when I've gained something like a new certification or something.

Even my time for blogging and Internet surfing is affected by my schedule. This is the only time that I've been able to touch the laptop since last week. Come to think of it, most of the time, I'm either ar work or sleeping. :)) Still have a long way to go adjusting to this new lifestyle...

And also I haven't finished watching the previous and current House episode again!Too bad... Oh well...

Maybe it's time I down some vitamins as well... Given this irregular schedule, it's only a matter of time before my body gives out... I think I'm the only one left in the office who hasn't taken a sick leave yet.

Well, better get some shut-eye or I'm gonna be late again tomorrow. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment