Saturday, November 10, 2007

This Week's tidbits...

It's been a while since my last post.. It's 5:46 AM Saturday in Singapore and I haven't slept yet. I know I'm tired but somehow I can't sleep.

Since I'm still awake, I might as blog away about the past week...

Monday: First day of the second week of my job. Still haven't accomplished anything yet, nor was I trying! I'm still immersing myself in the environment and the people. I still get amazed with the technology here. [Example: Coke vending machines have site-to-site VPN!]

Tuesday: Borrowed some cash from Weng to open a new account for my salary. Thanks Weng! :) Since she's night shift and gets off at 7:00 AM, I had to drag myself up very early in the morning then go straight to the office. I opened the account early evening; thank goodness for the banks which are open until 7:00 PM! :) Opening the bank account took a while; the queue was long and the clerk had to fill up tons of forms to activate my account. It was worth the wait, though, since I immediately got my passbook and ATM card, which I can use right away. After that, Che and I had dinner at MOS Burger! Try the Terriyaki Chicken Burger!!! :)

Wednesday: Pretty much the same stuff. Get up, go to office, login before 8:00 AM, work (finally finished 1/6 of my first of 2 tasks), logoff at 5:31 PM; (yep, well I have, and always been, a 5:31r, 5:01r, or 4:31r, whatever is applicable). Oh yeah, I had to cover for the second half of our colleague as the Duty Network Engineer. He's Indian and he had taken a halfday leave for the Deepavali festival the following day. I also got to read the transcripts of House fom here.

Thursday: Deepavali is a legal/public holiday in Singapore, so no office!!! I have very little idea how the festivities look like; I woke up 1:00 PM! Hehehe :)) We also watched House Season 4 Episode 6 [Whatever it Takes] from sidereel.



Friday: Back to work. The only thing that sucks here is that this work day is sandwiched between two non-working days. Other than that, pretty much ok. I also got my first salary! It's just for three days but that should be enough to get us by for the next week at least. :) The soft token device for my bank account arrived today and I've just activated it. Niiiice... :) And I'm still awake. Just read about Spider-Man and New Avengers: Illuminati spoilers, verified that demonoid is down (perhaps for good), and I had found out that I have no entry for this blog for over a week. So here we are.



It's now 6:17 AM. Let me just upload the pictures...

...
...
...

Done.

Finished with the pictures. And it's now 6:43 AM. I better publish this now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment