Monday, June 27, 2011

My Megabloks Spider-Man

I'm actually a LEGO-guy myself. But this one time, I'm willing to go for Megabloks simply for this set. Just this once. :)
I remember getting this on one of the Toy Sales a few months ago... or was it a year ago? Anyway, it was in the Takashimaya Toy Sale and I bought the set for around SGD 15. So that's SGD5 a piece. Not really sure, but sounded very good bargain at the time, so I just bought it.


The Megabloks 1994 set consists of the "robotic" Spider-Men in the classic red-blue costume, the black alien symbiote costume, and the gray armored costume. Aside from the colors, the three are in most respects identical. Construction of the three is very similar so you tend to build the second and third figure faster than the first one.

The only other difference among the three is the type of equipment installed on the forearms. The black one has the sticky, icky rubbery "thing", which kinda reminds me of gummy bears. :) The classic one has the trigger-activated disc thrower. And lastly, the armored one has trigger-activated web-grappling hook thingie with a ropeline.

That's it for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment