Wednesday, April 20, 2011

House M. D. Quotes - Season 7 Episode 19 - Last Temptation

Martha Masters: Cranial nerves. On old Olympus' towering tops a friendly Viking grew vines and hops. Olfactory. Optic. Oculomotor.



Martha Masters: It's kind of like coming to the end of an extreme roller-coaster. Even with the terror, nausea, and whiplash. I'm a little sad that it's over.



Donovan: You gotta figure he doesn't want an intern. He wants you.



Martha Masters: Uh, you must be Dr… Thirteen.



Dr. Eric Foreman: What the hell happened to you? Why'd you lie about going to Rome?

Dr. Gregory House: You'd lie too if you bottomed out, ended up in... drug rehab.



Dr. Remy Hadley: Thank you, House, for respecting my privacy. What a perfect reminder that I'm back.



Dr. Eric Foreman: I didn't even know you had a problem.

Dr. Gregory House: Loved ones are always the last to know. Loved ones and robotic, estranged ex-boyfriends.



Dr. Gregory House: Corporate sponsors want us to check that's she seaworthy before the clock strikes "you're too old to set a record." Gives us three days.



Dr. Gregory House: Masters, there's no hurry. There's no wrong choices. At least, that's what they tell people who make crappy choices.



Dr. Robert Chase: What's with the sudden interest in her future?

Dr. Gregory House: You know, a blacksmith who spends this much time hammering out a new blade from raw Jell-O... gets curious about who ends up wielding it.



Dr. Remy Hadley: We'll be back for the next blood draw in 15 minutes. Unless, of course, you'd like to stay and continue bonding over your lost childhoods.



Dr. Lisa Cuddy: No. I'm trying to make you make your own decision and leave me alone. Working with House is great. And it sucks. Often simultaneously. Most people can't work in that environment. Question is can you?



Dr. Remy Hadley: Rehab? Great cover story. Now I can't ever drink around those guys again, thus eliminating my main bond with Chase.



Dr. Gregory House: Relax. She's completely honest, but also completely boring. Watch this. Don't tell anyone.



Martha Masters: Of course not.

Dr. Gregory House: Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want to do one of those? You should've spoken up.
You want the job or not?



Dr. Gregory House: Do you know how to do nine LPs and say it was ten? It's time to grow up. Turn that in, the job's yours.



Dr. Gregory House: Stop staring blankly and go. No doubt something horrible has just happened to our patient.



Martha Masters: Uh, why are you putting, um, chicken footprints on the floor?

Dr. Gregory House: That clever bastard Wilson got a hold of an Australorp... Hello? The quietest and calmest of all the chickens.

Dr. Chris Taub: Damn him.



Dr. Gregory House: Masters, I thought you were going to turn that in.

Martha Masters: Um, I, um, been busy with my patient.

Dr. Gregory House: You're not busy now... Bawwwwwwk bawk.



Martha Masters: First you act like it's the equivalent of volunteering to be waterboarded and now you're supporting it?

Donovan: You're weird. You make paper airplanes for fun and hang them from the ceiling. You have a membership to the Einstein Museum and an overbearing obsession with facial symmetry...



Donovan: The point is you rub people the wrong way. But House is okay with your lack of bedside manner. He's okay with your willingness to argue any point with anyone even if they outrank you. He's okay with your peculiar fashion sense.



Martha Masters: Why are you lying about rehab?

Dr. Remy Hadley: Because the real reason I was gone is not something I want to share.



Martha Masters: Couldn't you just say that? Should be enough for Foreman and the others.

Dr. Remy Hadley: How long have you worked here? House's people have personalities that range from nosy to "pardon me while I do this cavity search."



Martha Masters: Do you think there's room for someone who does things differently?

Dr. Remy Hadley: No. Not unless House decides that's what he wants.



Martha Masters: Yes. And I still broke a rule.

Dr. Gregory House: My rule. Told you to defy the man. Not this man.



Martha Masters: Why is it so wrong that I don't like to cheat?

Dr. Gregory House: Not liking it is fine. Not doing what you don't like makes you an eight-year-old. Wastes your potential.



Dr.Simpson: Generally speaking, pledges aren't supposed to talk unless they ask a question. That's because, generally speaking, pledges don't have anything to say.



Dr.Simpson: I want you to scrub in on my lung harvest.

Martha Masters: But it's my first day.

Dr.Simpson: Yes, I know. I was there. Be scrubbed and ready in 15 minutes.



Dr. Gregory House: Don't you have your own surgery?

Martha Masters: I took a break. I told them I had to pee.

Dr. Gregory House: You lied. Small one. But it's a gateway lie.



Martha Masters: I care about the patient.

Dr. Gregory House: Another lie. You care about being exceptional.



Martha Masters: I told her dad I was gonna take care of her.

Dr. Gregory House: A third lie. Welcome to the slippery slope.



Dr. Gregory House: You had me at "I had to pee."



Martha Masters: I'm not back! I'll just be staying for this case.

Dr. Gregory House: You got really good at this lying thing.



Dr.Simpson: First day of your surgical internship, you want to be loaned out to another department. Interesting career move. Drop the form by my office. Don't stay away too long. I'm already well on my way to forgetting you.



Kendall: Sailing is amazing. But doesn't mean I love every second on the boat. Doing what you love means dealing with things you don't.



Dr. Robert Chase: My time here changed me in ways not everyone in my life thought was for the better...

Martha Masters: Were those people right?

Dr. Robert Chase: I think when you do change, it's not so simple to go back.



Dr. Gregory House: Sign on the door says I'm a diagnostician. Cool diagnosis means I'm finished.



Martha Masters: She could die.

Dr. Gregory House: Pretty sure the law of the land states that everyone has the right to be an idiot. I think it's the second amendment.



Martha Masters: You are constantly railing against hypocrisy, forcing people to face the truth. This time nothing?

Dr. Gregory House: Yeah. 'Cause they faced the truth.

Martha Masters: And made a decision that will in all likelihood kill their daughter.

Dr. Gregory House: I'm fine with that. I wanted a diagnosis. I got it. What do you want?

Martha Masters: I don't want her to die.



Dr. Gregory House: Break the rules.

Martha Masters: I can't.

Dr. Gregory House: So coloring inside the lines is more important to you than saving this girl's life? I was wrong about one thing, you are not exceptional.



Martha Masters: So that's all you'd do?

Dr. James Wilson: That's all you can do.

Martha Masters: Is it?



Kendall: It has nothing to do with anybody except me. The other racers would think I was crazy. I'd set off on some tacking angle that made no sense to them because they couldn't see what I saw. I could sense the changes in the wind before they even happened. At the top of the game, you play by different rules.



Paige: Because we love you.

Kendall: I hate you. I hate both of you.

Bobby: Okay.



Dr. Gregory House: Someone has got their pouty face on.

Martha Masters: I did things no doctor in their right mind would do.

Dr. Gregory House: Good.



Martha Masters: I manipulated, lied, forged, stole.

Dr. Gregory House: I don't want to know the specifics. Might be called to testify.



Martha Masters: I broke the rules because I believed I was right.

Dr. Gregory House: You were right.

Martha Masters: Then why don't I feel good or satisfied? Instead, I just feel like throwing up.

Dr. Gregory House: And you're following me to ask how I break the rules and maintain my rosy demeanor.



Martha Masters: I didn't do it to be happy. I just thought I would be.

Dr. Gregory House: Well, you can't always get what you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment