Friday, April 15, 2011

House M. D. Quotes - Season 7 Episode 18 - The Dig

Dr. Robert Chase: It could be a case. It could be nothing. Sadly we'll just never know.



Dr. Gregory House: Make it fast. I'm driving. I don't want to end up in jail like... a person should who used their phone illegally while driving.



Dr. Remi Hadley: Thanks for not saying anything. I just need some time to...

Dr. Gregory House: I didn't do it for you. Some puzzles are just too good to share.



Dr. Remi Hadley: What's this really all about, House? As convincing as I find your deep devotion to vegetable trajectory.

Dr. Gregory House: First of all, it's a tuber. And you're just jealous because your potato-related plans are more of the serving up fries variety.



Dr. Gregory House: You did time. Means your license is suspended. Which means your leave of absence is definitely indefinite. What exactly are you going back to?



Dr. Gregory House: I stand corrected. You obviously have a rich, full life waiting for you. I'll slow down the car and you can roll out.



Dr. Gregory House: Okay. Here's what I've got. One: you were in jail for 6 months but you were gone about a year, which means that when you left, you hadn't been arrested. Two: you enjoy being known as a number, you don't want people to know the real you since the real you is weak. You were running a bleeding heart medical consulting business for illegals or some other sympathetic under-class.



Dr. Remi Hadley: The interrogation thing is getting annoying.

Dr. Gregory House: Studies have shown that un-annoying interrogation is 50 percent less effective.



Dr. Gregory House: Junior year high school, you placed fourth in the West Virginia all-county science fair. Your project? Clean combustion.

Dr. Remi Hadley: Yeah. I also wore a training bra. Things have changed.



Dr. Remi Hadley: Okay. I can help you, but I'm going to need to make a personal stop along the way.

Dr. Gregory House: What kind of stop?

Dr. Remi Hadley: Personal. Did I not mention that?



Dr. Chris Taub: And I'm seeing her again tomorrow night.

Dr. Eric Foreman: I don't know how you do it. Is it the cute, harmless vibe, the self-deprecating humor, or just straight-up roofies?

Dr. Chris Taub: If you're interested, I do seminars.



Dr. Gregory House: You were writing bogus prescriptions for medical marijuana.... Please say no because you have to be an idiot to actually screw that up.



Dr. Gregory House: I have to admit, you have one of the best game faces I've ever seen. Also one of the best game bodies.



Dr. Gregory House: Didn't know you were a Jehovah's Witness.

Dr. Remi Hadley: Yeah, the weak lost faith when Christ didn't return in '75, but I still believe.



Brian: You broke into my home?

Dr. Chris Taub: We slowly pushed into your home.



Dr. Remi Hadley: You know, I'm actually kind of hurt that you don't know what I did. I'm not worth bribing a court official or hacking into police records?

Dr. Gregory House: Where's the fun in that?



Dr. Gregory House: No. Actually, until a couple of weeks ago, I was Cuddy's weird boyfriend.

Dr. Remi Hadley: You're gonna have to do a lot better than that...... Are... are you okay?



Dr. Chris Taub: Fairness is important.



Dr. Remi Hadley: You're awfully quiet.

Dr. Gregory House: Sorry. That's just how I get around people who have recently killed a man.



Dr. Gregory House: You killed a man! But you pled out to drugs. Hit-and-run under the influence. Guy you kneed in the groin was your date who dropped a dime on you.



Dr. Remi Hadley: I'm asking you to let it go.

Dr. Gregory House: And I really wish I was the kind of person who could do that.



Dr. Robert Chase: You missed something at his place. His wife.



Dr. Gregory House: By the way, Harold's probably gonna hit on you. Everything I have, he wants. Just turn him down flat. Unless...

Dr. Remi Hadley: Yes. Let's stop shopping. I'll just do him and get him to throw the contest.

Dr. Gregory House: I'm not suggest... Would you do that?



Dr. Remi Hadley: Screw accuracy. We're gonna double distance and hang time, beat Harold on points. We need raw power. Where's the fertilizer?

Dr. Gregory House: By all means, Kaczynski.



Dr. Robert Chase: If he's standing her up, he must have something better going on.

Dr. Eric Foreman: Better than sex with a 22-year-old? Who's RT92?

Dr. Robert Chase: Presumably a 21-year-old.



Dr. Chris Taub: Oh. Uh. Hey. You remember my wife.

Rachel Taub: Hi, Eric.

Dr. Eric Foreman: Hey... RT92.



Dr. Gregory House: Pie tins. You're a genius. You know that I'm a doctor. Any interest I have in the human body is purely clinical.

Dr. Remi Hadley: Yeah, that line never works for me either.

Dr. Gregory House: That line always works for you.



Dr. Gregory House: I need to know. [She won't answer.] I can make some phone calls, see if we can speed up your medical board hearing. In the meantime, no one could stop me from hiring an assistant.

Dr. Remi Hadley: You were right this morning. I met a guy at a coffee shop, we went back to my place, and he O.D.'d.

Dr. Gregory House: Damn. I could have saved myself a job offer.



Dr. Remi Hadley: We both acted like idiots. And I ended up doing time. Guess he did more.



Brian: To everyone else, the world is full of junk... meaningless, ugly, broken things. But to Nina, every shape, every color, texture, smell, they all tell a story. They're all worth treasuring. I wouldn't wish what she has on anyone, but every now and then I get a glimpse of what she sees, and... It helps.



Dr. Gregory House: Go with God. And some air freshener.



Dr. Gregory House: You don't wake up in the middle of the night to cry over a dead stranger. You don't confess to killing a man and then hide the details unless the details reveal more about you than the crime itself. You pled down to drugs. You've got a horrible genetic disease and a sibling who's suddenly on your mind.



Dr. Chris Taub: You're mad.

Dr. Eric Foreman: No. Actually, I'm impressed. Messing around on a 22-year-old hottie with your wife on my sofa. You're a full-throttle head case.



Dr. Eric Foreman: Let's make this really simple: If I own it, I don't want you doing it on it.

Dr. Chris Taub: You might want to get rid of your kitchen table...



Dr. Robert Chase: This is perfect for you. You get all the human interaction you crave without any actual human interaction.



Dr. Robert Chase: You know when you're interested in something and nobody else is, the polite thing is to keep it to yourself.



Dr. Remi Hadley: He couldn't do it himself. He was... the disease had progressed too far. He was flailing. He didn't have any control over his own body. He pretty much lost control of his mind too, but... every once in a while, he would have a few seconds of lucidity. He turned to me, and he said, "it's time."



Dr. Remi Hadley: And I was alone. And one day, I will be that sick, and there will be no one there when it's time.



Dr. Remi Hadley: I didn't expect compassion from you. I would have taken commiseration. Hell, I would have taken revulsion, any emotional engagement at all.... It's no wonder Cuddy broke up with you.



Dr. Remi Hadley: You always get your way, don't you?

Dr. Gregory House: Not always. Today would have been our one-year anniversary. Which is an incredibly arbitrary thing to celebrate.



Dr. Gregory House: Hey, Harriet the Spy, before you get too full of yourself, you might want to go back to bio 101. It takes two to not-tango.



Dr. Gregory House: Figure out which is fried, the bacon or the eggs.



Dr. Remi Hadley: There's another option.

Dr. Eric Foreman: House, who's that?

Dr. Gregory House: Radio.

Dr. Eric Foreman: Sounded a lot like... Thirteen.

Dr. Gregory House: It's a Thirteen tribute band with their new song, "I've got a better theory than Masters."



Dr. Remi Hadley: She said they never had kids, and you all jumped to infertility. You never considered the other option.

Dr. Gregory House: ... And the bitch is back.



Dr. Chris Taub: I've been selfish. I need to let you move on. I think we should stop seeing each other.

Rachel Taub: No.

Dr. Chris Taub: Um, I just want you to be able to...

Rachel Taub: The last time you got all noble on me, we ended up dividing our dishes. This time, I want to make the decision.



Dr. Chris Taub: You don't feel weird about this?

Rachel Taub: Of course I feel weird about this. It's confusing and messy and dirty. Dumb. But we spent our whole lives trying to do everything right, and it sucked.



Dr. Chris Taub: You know... there's something seriously wrong with us.

Rachel Taub: I know.



Dr. Gregory House: I'll kill you... when the time comes, if you want me to... I'll do it now if you like. I think I've got a baseball bat in the back.

Dr. Remi Hadley: I'll see you Monday.


2 comments:

  1. What is it about "by all means, kaczynski"? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most well-known Kaczynski, I think, was Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomb. Go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete