Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Foods-To-Eat List: Christmas 2010 in the Philippines

After three long years, we will finally be going back to Philippines to celebrate Christmas! It's been a while so here are some food items that I want to eat once we get home:

"Star Bread" or Putok -- yep, miss the good ol' putok / star bread made in our local bakery, accompanied with Coke which I consume every afternoon. Though I'd probably pass on the Coke this time around...

Halo-Halo -- whether it's the halo-halo on the streets or the halo-halo in Chowking or Razon's, it's way better than anything they have here.

Red Ribbon's Salisbury Steak -- very yummy! Love the sauce on top of that luscious salisbury steak! Mmmmmmm...... Steeeeeaaaak..... :))


KFC Gravy -- yep, there's KFC in Singapore, but there's NO gravy! And no spoon and fork either! Yep, I miss the bottomless gravy we love and enjoy at KFC! Maybe I'll order some chicken too.....

Pampanga's Best's Pina Ham -- I used to sell some of this in my last job back there... Well, there's really no reason not to like it. It's cheaper than the traditional Christmas hams, but is very very tasty. A lovely alternative if you're on a tight budget.

Hen Lin's Siomai -- One of my favorites, going way way back in gradeschool. I remember when the local Park and Shop was still open and the "food court" area had a Hen Lin stall which sells 4pc of Siomai for 16 pesos. Then there's the calamansi/lime and the chili! Ah good times... Anyway, the only thing that's changed is the cost. And the fact that Park and Shop closed down a long time ago...


Smokey's Chicago Dog -- One of the reasons I love watching movies so much! Perfectly cooked hotdog on bun. Pickle relish. Bacon bits. Onions. Sauce -- not sure if it's just meat sauce or chili sauce? Plus a healthy serving of ketchup and mustard! Now, all we need is a move to watch...

Ah yes... Good times... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment