Saturday, July 05, 2008

House M. D. Season 4 Quotable Quotes (Part 2)

Here are some additional quotes from Season 4 of House M. D. You can check the other quotes from season 4 here.


Janitor: I'm not breaking into somebody's house... <pause> I got principles.

Dr. House: I got some loose change here says you don't.

Janitor: I'm not doing this... for less than a fifty.



Amber: Uhm, I watched this football game once. And I noticed something odd. The winning team was the happy one. I did the math.

Dr. House: Our patient's happy.

Amber: He's an idiot.

Dr. House: He's a happy idiot. That screws with your world view. There's something freeing about being a loser, isn't there? Why are you afraid to...

Amber: Mommy didn't love me enough. Daddy expected too much from me. Something! <pause> Let's assume that's true. I get how that can make me a screwed-up person. But how is my willingness to do anything to get the right answer bad for my patients? Or put in terms you can understand, how is it bad for you?



Dr. House: What makes you so sure that drugs are a mask for something else?

Thirteen: Drugs are always a mask for something else.

Dr. House: That's the dumbest thing I've heard in my life.

[Thirteen leaves. Dr. House sets 13's points from 100 to 102.]



Dr. Cuddy: Hire a woman too.

Dr. House: Hire two women.

Dr. Cuddy: You can have the one that gives a crap about people.

Dr. House: They both do.

Dr. Cuddy: Right. Hire "Thirteen".

<pause>

Dr. Cuddy: This was your plan all along...

<pause again>

Dr. Cuddy: Well, at least the games are over.

Dr. House: How long have you known me?



Thirteen: She’s not a liar.

Dr. House: Ok, this is gonna be a tough case. I have almost no knowledge of alien physiology.

Thirteen: Everyone lies but there’s an exception to every rule.

Dr. House: Actually there isn’t. That’s kinda what makes it a rule.



Dr. House: There’s a reason that everybody lies. It works. It what allows society to function, it’s what separates man from beast.

Dr. Wilson: Oh, I thought that was our thumbs.

Dr. House: You wanna know every place your mom’s thumb has been?

Dr. Wilson: I’m sorry I missed rehearsal. Am I taking the “truth is good” side? Don’t you usually take that side?

Dr. House: Lies are a tool, they can be used either for good… No wait, I got a better one. Lies are like children. Hard work, but they’re worth it. Because the future depends on them.

Dr. Wilson: You are so full of love… or something. When you care about someone...

Dr. House: You lie to them! You pretend that their constant ponderous musing are interesting. You tell them they’re not losing their boyish good looks or becoming worn out.

Dr. Wilson: I stand corrected and may I say, it’s been a real pleasure chatting with you.



Dr. House: Saint Nicholas?

Melanie: Patron saint of children.

Dr. House: Also seamen, merchants, archers, prostitutes, and prisoners.

<parts omitted>

Melanie: Prostitutes wear religious symbols?

Dr. House: I think they just like kneeling. [smiles] You don’t have the skin of a seaman, the fingers of an archer, the clothes of a merchant, or the attitude of an ex-con. So, just leaves one left.

Melanie: Mmm… Two actually. [gives him a flirtatious smile] But I’m not a child, am I?



Dr. House: [touches a finger to her lips and feels them] You do a donkey show? [a purposeful pause] I’m not curious. It matters.

Melanie: It’s a donkey or a mule… [gives him a knowing look] I can never remember.

Dr. House: Wow… That is a creepy smile. [cringes lightly] I bet the donkey’s is even creepier.

Melanie: [laughs lightly] Do I have to explain?



Jane: Mom… The doctors told me what’s happening.

Maggie: It’s gonna be okay, sweetheart. [nods] I promise you. Doctors can be wrong. There’s still a chance I can be-

Jane: [cuts her off] You really believe that?

Maggie: [trying to be strong] I do.

Jane: [shakes her head] No, mom. You’re dying. Nobody can help you. It’s not going to be okay.

<House and Thirteen leaves the ICU room.>

Thirteen: That was cold.

Dr. House: Yeah.



Thirteen: This is a game? First we have to screw with our co-worker and now we have to try to figure out what you want us to say? This is insane. I'm not playing.

Dr. House: Right. You should've said this two days ago. Do not play games with me. Number one, you're going to lose, you're just not ready. Number two, the game was to force you to stop playing games. I need you to stand up to me. Challenge me. I need you to stop worrying about getting fired. Go pay for my cable.

<to be continued...>

No comments:

Post a Comment