Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Must-see videos and movies wishlist

I guess I'm in that mode again in which I want to watch a slew of videos and movies. As of this time, these are the ones that I would really, really, REALLY want to watch...

WWE RAW, June 23, 2008 Episode

This is the episode when WWE conducted its annual draft lottery. That is, WWE superstars (i.e., wrestlers) go from one brand to another. I already know the results, which be read from the official WWE website, but I'd still want to see the action.

Well, believe it or not, I believe draft lotteries are rigged. That is, it is scripted and the results are already planned; the sole purpose of this draft is to shake things up, developing new storylines, new rivalries, etc. It's actually a good thing. :)

Of course in this year's lottery, I must say that nothing shook things more than Triple H being drafted into Smackdown! And of course, where Triple H goes, his favorite announcer, WWE Hall of Famer "JR" Jim Ross goes with him.

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to wait for re-runs to get this one. :)




WWE Night of Champions (June 29, 2008)

Okay, fine, another WWE video. What can I say? I don't get my weekly dose of wrestling video like back home. :) I always want to watch WWE Pay-Per-Views anyway, and this is no exception.

Same thing here. I know the results, but I still want to watch it anyway. :) Now that's a fan! Hehehe :)

Like the one before, I'll wait for reruns.




The Dark Knight, opens July 17, 2008

You have to be crazy if you do not want to see this one! Finally, the much anticipated sequel to Batman Begins (and the animated film Batman Gotham Night) will be showing next week.

You don't have to be a Batman fan to watch this, right? I mean this is the Batman franchise movie we've been waiting for. The Chrstian Bale Batman is the best Batman we've seen in years. (Yup, I'm not a fan of those George Clooney Batman flicks.)

Or for the more sentimental people out there, would you not want to see the very last movie starring Heath Ledger? Rumors in E!News and The Daily Ten (yeah, I watch those. So what? Hehe) indicate a stellar, Oscar- or Emmy-worthy performance by the actor. Based from the teasers, trailers and posters, Ledger's portrayal of Joker is the darkest and freakiest Batman villain I've seen. Definitely a favorite pick in the "Best Villain" category.

Not showing yet, so no choice but to sit tight until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment