Friday, February 22, 2013

SG: Renewing your household worker's PH Embassy documents


Due to urgent circumstances, I had to process our household worker's documents in the Philippine Embassy on my own (without agency). And I was able to do it quickly in under two hours. :) There were some prep work, though, and I had a clear plan of what to do and where to go.


Requirements
  • Two (2) original copies of Standard Employment Contract
  • Two (2) original copies of Undertaking of an Employer
  • Worker's valid Work Permit + two (2) photocopies
  • Worker's Passport + two (2) photocopies
  • Employer's IC + one (1) photocopy
  • Seven Thousand Singapore Dollar (S$7,000) Performance Bond/Embassy Bond
  • One(1) photocopy of the Ten Thousand Dollar Medical Insurance (MOM)
  • One (1) OWWA Information Sheet
  • One (1) OFW Information Sheet (aka OEC form)
  • One (1) PAG-IBIG membership registration form (MRF)
  • Cash amounting to S$110 for Embassy Fees


The Prep Work
Beforehand, we already had the Work Permit renewed with MOM. So just needed to make photocopies of the ICs, and the S$10K insurance (required during the processing of the work permit). The rest of the Philippine forms, you simply download and fill up the indicated number of forms and photocopy whatever else needs to be photocopied.

The tricky part was the S$7K Embassy Bond. Other insurance companies might call it differently, such as Performance Bond. For this one, your only choice was to go to one of the reputable insurance companies in Singapore and inquire about the Philippine Embassy Bond worth S$7000 . (FYI, through an agency, only a S$2K bond worth S$42+ dollars is required. However, since I'm doing this without an agency, the S$7K bond was required which costs around S$75+.) There are several choices, such as NTUC, ANDA, etc.

I was able to get a "SmartHelper" form from ANDA Insurance which we filled up. I then mapped out my trip the following day, first going to the closest ANDA Insurance office. In my case, that would be their office in Tanjong Pagar Complex along Keppel Road.

With everything in hand, except for the embassy bond, and my itinerary set, I slept early…


The Legwork Part 1 - The 7K Bond
Woke up early, and prepped. Rechecked all documents in hand, then I was off.

Arrived 8:30 AM at the ANDA office which has just opened. I went in, asked to apply for the Embassy Bond, gave the accomplished form and waited. Later paid by NETS, and I was off. By 8:45 I was already on my way to the Philippine Embassy. Didn't realize that that was the quickest part of this entire thing.  :)


The Legwork Part 2 - The Embassy Leg
Took me a while to reach the Embassy. Lots of trucks and taxis blocking my way. The heavy downpour did not help either.

Around 9:20 I was at the embassy. I went straight to the queue at Window 1 (Contract Processing). Still a long line, as the OEC applicants are also queued up here to get their numbers.  When it's my turn, "Kuya Larry" was surprised that I was there for the contract processing -- guess he was expecting the next guy to be applying for OEC as well. Anyway, I explained the situation, then submitted each of the required documents above.

Strictly speaking, what I'm doing is the homeleave, which has several steps:
  • authentication/verification of the Standard Contract;
  • OWWA membership;
  • OEC application

In addition, the breakdown of the S$110 fee is as follows:
  • S$42.50 Authentication of Contract
  • S$17.00 Verification
  • S$42.00 OWWA Membership
  • S$8.50 OEC

With that in mind, here we go.

Back at window 1, after verifying the documents, I was asked to pay S$42.50 at Window 6 (Cashier). I then queued up back to Window 1 and paid S$17 for the verification of documents. I got a claim stub for the authenticated documents, which can be picked up on the date indicated on the slip. I was then sent to window 3 for the OWWA and OEC processing. Paid S$42 for OWWA. Waited at for the releasing of the OEC (this one took a while). Paid the lady S$8.50 and I got the OEC.

And that's it! Hurray! And it was only 10:10 AM. Despite the delays, it's not that bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment