Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pork Ribs Sinigang for Lunch

It's been a while since I cooked food for the folks. This is one of my favorites! I didn't have all the ingredients here, though, so I had to make do with what I had.

Ingredients:
1kg pork prime rib (cut along the bone)
3 onions (quarters)
6 tomatoes (quarters)
kangkong leaves
4 okra (lady fingers)
1 slice ginger (substitute for sili; or pork broth cubes)
string beans
fish sauce

Steps:
1. Place ribs, tomatoes, onions, fish sauce (as needed) and water (just enough to cover everything else inside) inside pressure cooker, medium heat. After whistle blows, wait 20-25 minutes.

2. Transfer everything to a separate pot, medium heat, bring to a boil.

3. Add the string beans, lady fingers, and the slice of ginger. Wait until the veggies are cooked. Add water if needed.

4. Add the kangkong leaves, bring to a boil, then turn off heat.

Best served hot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment