Tuesday, August 14, 2007

No OTYs!

After a few months, I just realized that I haven't stayed for OTY (for the unfamiliar, that's Over-Time Thank You i.e., no pay) in the office since June this year! I guess the fact that I'm in the most challenging and stressful team in MANILA TAC does not prevent me from becoming a 4:31er just like the good old NMS days.

No trainings, no backlogs pending on me, no pending reviews... Well, actually there are cases that are pending on me but once it hits 4:30 PM, I stop. I simply stop working. I'm not paid, so why bother, right?

It's not that I'm not enjoying my job or that I'm very lazy or that I'm not enthusiastic about my job. I guess I'm just better at maximizing my time nowadays. Here are some things that I think helps in my job:

- update all of my pending jobs and tasks every 2 days (never let a job reach 3 days or more without any updates)

- do the easy tasks first; I guess it has something to do with a sense of achievement; everytime I update a simple task (a short phone or email update), I achieve something. Sure it's a small thing, but say I do that for all of my 15 tasks, hey, not bad. Before the middle of my shift, I would have finished all 15, giving me more time to work on the other tasks at hand such as the new cases I have just accepted or reviewing the cases of my juniors.

Ah well.. I better enjoy this while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment