Tuesday, September 08, 2009

During my absence...

Just like to use this opportunity to thank all who've given us support during our time of personal / family crisis. It's a heavy burden for us to bear but at least the support you've given us makes it a little bit easier.

Anyway, during the past few weeks, we've stumbled upon a new series in History Channel -- Clash of the Gods. I've always liked myths, especially the Greek myths, so no surprise I was enthralled by this. :) It's a bit difficult to watch it, though, since it's only available in History Channel in the US. Just a warning: there are several disturbing graphicss there. The Hundred-Handers, Typhon, and Medusa to name a few of the most gruesome graphics I've seen so far. You've been warned!

Check out the episodes here.

On a side note, Che has already become good at playing Greeks in Age of Mythology, particularly Zeus and Hades. She initially had problems because she was being rushed by her enemies who almost always outnumbered her. One of the issues that I saw was that she was not concentrating much on the "military" aspect, just the "economic" side. A good economy is good but if you cannot defend it with a good military arm, it will be for naught. Once we got that principle laid out, everything was smoother. Just a few more tweaks and she will be a seasoned player.

That reminded me of two other city-builder games I used to play: Caesar III and Stronghold. Good thing I have brought the CDs with me. I'm retro-gaming once more! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment