Thursday, July 12, 2007

Homebuddy thoughts on simple mundane home thingies

Spending time home, I managed to contemplate on some things here on around the house...

Monitor water use. Water is a bit scarce especially in Sucat, Paranaque. Everyone has to rely on water deliveries, which is actually a big business here; I'm pretty sure these businesses are threatened by the drill and pipework of NAWASA or MWSS (whatever this is called nowadays) slowly making its way along Sucat Road from the Kabihasnan area... Ah well, going back. I was surprised that our water tank was empty. At first, I was surprised because I wasn't expecting it to be empty so soon. I can't remember the last time we had the water delivered. Well, as it turns out, I remembered that I actually had the water delivered about two weeks ago, which is pretty good; on average, we have the water delivered once every two weeks. So that's around 5 drums per week. Well, point is, I should have listed down the last time I the water was delivered.

Checking many trashcans is harder than it looks. So let's see... We have one in the bedroom, one in the restroom, another in the restroom below, plus another one in the kitchen. So that's four trashcans that has to be checked everyday. It's actually harder than it looks. The task is simple; when the trashcan becomes full OR when it's more than three days, get rid of it. Most of the time, though, we simply forget to do this; coming home late, too many other priorities to do, or just too plain tired to work.

Doing home chores is a good distraction. In one of my previous posts here, I mentioned that I am at that stage in which I'm burned out and hate my job. I became so sick of my job that I literally got sick and had to stay home for a few days to recover. Doing simple chores somehow relieves some of the tension. Of course there is nothing more enjoyable and relaxing as actually having fun (i.e., movies, PC games, dining out, malling, watching my favorite shows, etc.). Doing simple things such as taking out the trash or washing the dishes, unexpectedly, has a relaxing effect on me. I guess I'm so burned out of my job that literally anything (even household chores) is a lot more enjoyable. Or maybe washing the dishes or taking out the trash has its psychological effects on someone. Ah hell, just something that I've heard. Go figure.

I'm a container freak. I've always known this, but I never realized that this is actually something I can use. I always want to keep things organized so much that I actually bought several types of containers from National Bookstore, SM, etc., even though I sometimes I actually don't have much to put in there. I have a several small boxes with mini-drawers where I place from the simplest stuff (pins, clips, thumbtacks, sewing needles) to the more technical thingies (capacitors, resistors, LEDs, wires, soldering iron bits). I also have several big containers for my bigger tools (pliers, several screw drivers, wrench, etc.) and some for my collections (mostly transformers, Jolly Kiddie Meal/Happy Meal toys, colored wooden blocks, CDs, DVDs, etc.). Ah yeah... They say every person has his or her own quirks. If that's true, mine is this one. :D

Make lists and reminders. In light of the above, I need this to monitor simple things around the house; the last time water was delivered, when the Meralco, PLDT, and Cable TV bills are due, things like that. I have a cokboard near the stairs, but I haven't actually used it yet. :-) I also need a calendar. I wonder where that calendar went....

Decorating the home is an art. You can only truly appreciate your home once you have personalized and customized it. So far, I like what I've done with some parts of the house, although that is still not enough... Hmmm.. I better get that reminder up so that I can finally schedule my simple home do-it-yourself projects. Doing projects is one of the things that I miss in school.

Like cellphones, the Internet connection is now a necessity. Years ago, I thought of cellphones as just a luxury not worth wasting my baon on. Years later, if I only had enough cash and no other higher priorities, I would have bought a newer cellphone. Anyway, with that respect, cellphones and Internet access are the same -- they are now necessities. Of course not everyone will agree, but hey, if you want to be competitive and you want to be always updated, just like what you'd learn in the 48 Laws of Power, you need information. And there is no other faster method of getting that information than through the Internet. What, you don't agree? Just how the hell are reading this blog?? ;-)

Be on the lookout for (farm) animals you can use. One of our neighbors have acquired a goat. He's a natural farmer -- he grows several kinds of plants around the free lots around his house, and, as I've just said, has a knack for taking care of farm animals. In case you didn't know, goats eat grass. (hehehe) Using a leash, he brings the goat around the neighborhood, looks for places where there are lots of grass, hooks the leash on a nearby pillar, post, or whatever, and leaves the goat there the whole day to feed on the grass. Good thing for me today, he actually placed the goat at the gate of our house where there are very tall grasses. I was actually planning on hiring someone to cut and remove the grass there, but it appears the goat has done most of the job already. hehehehe..

I didn't realize my post got this long already. Well, my other ideas, I'll post another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment